Google plus is the hottest topic in the social media marketing arena right now and if you are still not sure why you should jump into it right now then you should read these 16 Reasons to Catch the Google plus Train Early.
There is an interesting debate going on about Google + is a Facebook killer. I am not concerned about who kills whom, important point for me is that because Google controls over 70% of the search and as a business this is more than enough for me to put my money behind Google +.
Here is the right way I think business should approach Google +.
Nominate Someone to Represent Your Business
To achieve better results in social media I would highly recommend nominating a person or persons to represent your company on Google + even after the launch of business pages later this year.
- Social media is all about people
- People like to get on well with people not with logos
- Social media space is to help not sell (Chances are you will get lots of sales if you managed to help well)
Scott Monty is a great example of an individual who represents Ford Motor Company.
You can use up coming business page as a landing page of your product or services where you can drive traffic once you have the relationship with your prospects on a personal level.
Google circles feature makes it easy to manage personal and work connections separately really well.
Plan and Implement
Sweat and simple social media marketing plan is crucial for the success.
The problem is that many people spend too much time on planning and fail to take immediate action. Balance between planning and implementing quickly is essential in social media marketing as new things are evolving so quickly.
Here are the ways you can take action – starting today:
- Research: Understanding the tool, culture and how social media marketing works is really important
- Analyse the person (s) who will be representing the company in social media, whether he/she has the right frame of mind and tick all the required boxes.
- Decide clear goals for your Google + marketing which should fit into your entire social media marketing strategy
- Create a simple and clear action plan toimplement it fast and don’t wait for an ideal scenario because things move so quickly in the social media space
You don’t have to invent the wheel yourself, if you want to speed up your learning curve, find someone who has already achieved it and then follow the foot steps.
Learn From the Feedback
I believe there is no such thing called failure its all about feedback.
Social media in general and Google + space in particular is an excellent way of getting really quick and effective feedback. Once you manage to create a reasonable following on Google + you can collect really valuable feedback in a matter of minutes.
Don’t get offended from negative feedback instead use it for your advantage to increase the quality of your product and services.
You May Have Different Views
I would love to talk in the comments section below on how you would you use Google plus to strategically increase your business.
Photo credit: Ben Fredericson