“Be Like a Postage Stamp, Stick to One Thing Until You Get There” Josh Billings
In today’s online world it is so easy to get distracted and overwhelmed by new things. Concentrating and completing your main task often left behind or takes too long. For a last year or so I was facing this until I read the above quote by Josh Billings.
When I go back and think about all my previous achievements in life, one thing I found in common that whenever I focused on one thing at a time, I managed to achieve what I wanted.
There is an other very important aspect of this is that you get paid for completed projects not for starting a project. Thoughtful isn’t?
Don’t start anything with this thought that you can do this, right question to ask yourself whether do you have time to complete this?
Daily Things To Do
We all have fix time in a day which is 24 hours, so often we neglect this reality and try to do un realistic things which leads to following:
- Health Problems
- Because of long to do list you cannot do justice with any of your task
Here is the best way I found of using my 24 hours:
- Be realistic: I don’t make un realistic daily to do list and do maximum five important things daily
- Prioritise: I prioritise my daily to do list in order to most pay off
- Things to do: My to do list must must include things which help me to go closer to my big goal
- Complete one task before jumping to next: This is hard but boy if you can do this, you can achieve success big time (working on this)
- Urgent Things: You do find so many urgent things which do not contribute towards achieving your goals, so delegate as much as possible
Your Views Matter
Feel free to share in the comments below to keep the conversation going.