Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein
How often we expect different results while doing the same old things?
You need to change your actions if you want different results.
This is what I did in 2011:
- Read too much stuff
- Spent lots of my time on learning new things
- Said yes to too many opportunities
- Changed my business practices very rapidly
- Tried lots of new tools
- Never followed own created rules
- Procrastinated a lot
- Took time to decide many things
- Spent too much time on social media
- Started too many things at once
Still I believe that I can’t be where I am now without trying most of the above mentioned things. I also believe there is no such thing called failure in life it’s all about feedback.
Here is how I planned to make this year different than the last:
- Reading time will be limited to keep myself up to date with the changes only
- Focus will be becoming the best on the things I know already
- I have learned how to say “No” and will not commit to anything where I can’t do the justice
- No more instant changes to the business operation except required by external factors
- I have tried and tested most of the tools, will stick to the best one’s only and will master those tools to the perfection
- Will find an accountability partner and follow all the rules of business
- No more working out of office hours (Procrastination killer)
- Not more than 2 minutes to decide anything
- No more 30 minutes a day on social networks
- Will not move to another task until current task is completed and shipped
What are your plans to do things differently in this year?
Share your thoughts in the box below.
Photo credit: Nina Matthews Photography