You are working long hours and trying everything possible but not achieving your business goals then your are reading the right post.
We all know 80/20 rule (normally eighty percent of your income comes from twenty percent of efforts you made) but I am going to illustrate it bit differently. I believe that more smart you work the more luckier you get.
You may have different point of view on this, feel free to share in the comments section at the end of this post.
Make a list of your daily tasks you carry out and categories those tasks into the following categories.
- Core activities those bring your business revenue
For example if you are a realtor you may have following list of tasks:
- Number of people you need to call every day to achieve your targets
- How many property valuations you need to carry out daily
- Setting weekly sales targets
- How to increase the number of sales
- Any improvement you need to make in your work process
- Staff training / meeting
I am sure realtors can add to this list.
- Calling to clients (no communication no new business)
- Marketing your new properties as soon as possible (speed really matters)
- Arranging property viewings (no viewings no sales)
- Doing property valuations (learn how to win at this)
- Negotiating offers (be good at this)
- Closing deals (back bone of any business)
I experienced that when you loose this balance of working and start doing other things instead of doing your core activities, you generally loose momentum and don’t achieve what you plan for.
What is the your formula of smart work? I would be really interested to know in the comments section below.
Photo Credit: thekirbster